Friday, October 29, 2010

Exhumed Films Horrorthon: Survivor's Guide

The hour is just about on us, as we are mere hours away from the 4th annual Exhumed Films Horrorthon, and I could not be more excited! I'd say only 50% of the people reading this will be going to this event, so I have put together a checklist of do's and don'ts to help yourself through this or any movie marathon:

1. The Early Bird Gets The Worm
Do you want to make sure you get the seats that you really want for the horrorthon? Then arriving late is not an option. The show starts at Noon, so arriving at 11:45AM is not the best plan of attack. Also if you are going with a large group of friends, getting there late will guarantee you will have to sit scattershot all over the theater, most likely next to some freak with broad shoulders and penchant for snoring while awake.

2. Dress Comfortably
Yes this year's Horrorthon will be falling on Halloween weekend, but that does not mean it's a good idea to come dressed in your Robot Monster costume. Best bet is to where loose sweatpants and a comfortable hoodie.
A personal note from me to the world: IF YOU COME TO THE HORRORTHON WITH A SPIKED MOHAWK AND SIT RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

3. Bring A Pillow
After midnight it will start getting hard to watch the movies, especially because they will show some of the weirder films at this time. So, a soft place to rest your head is recommended(a pillow or the guy-next-to-you's man boob).

4. Have A Small Flashlight
Being in a darkened movie theater for 6 or more hours can do a real number on the eyes, especially someone like me who has mole eyes. Also I'm sure most of us will be bringing things with us(some kind of napsack) that will be kept at our feet, which is why I think it's a good idea to have a small pocket flashlight to know where your shit is. It also comes in handy when u have to get up and go to the bathroom, you can shine the light on the ground as not step on anyone's feet while you walk through the aisle.
But remember: KEEP THE LIGHT LOW AS NOT TO DISTURB THE OTHER MOVIE PATRONS!

5. Bring A Small Cooler Of Food
One of my main goals this year is to not miss any part of any movie, except for bathroom breaks. So this year I myself am bringing a small cooler with Cheerios and granola bars, a cuple of ham sandwitches, some 5 hour energies and some pop corn. I'll be all prepared so I won't have to leave to get food. This leads us right into...

6. Bring Beverages That You Don't Mind Drinking Warm
Warm soda sucks, so I am bring 2 half gallon Iced Teas from Wawa, which are still good at room temperature. I'll probably freeze them beforhand to make sure that they stay colder longer.

7. Bring Deodorant
This...is self explanatory.

-----------------------------------------------
hat's all I can think of for right now. I sure hope this list helps those of you going this weekend or anyone going to any horror marathon around the country, either this weekend or anytime in the future.
My next post will be my post EF Horrorthon review and reactions. So please, everyone have a safe and happy Halloween, watch some good(or bad) horror movies this weekend and DO NOT miss The Walking Dead this Sunday night at 10PM on AMC! Stay Scared!
(ps- i am publishing this late and i do not have time to edit or spellcheck so forgive any dumb mistakes)

2 comments: